Working with us

The icare workers care program supports people who are severely injured at work in NSW. We do this in partnership with service providers like you.

Service providers can include:

  • medical practitioners and allied health professionals
  • case managers
  • attendant care providers
  • other service providers, including equipment suppliers and home maintenance or modification providers

Services are provided under NSW workers compensation legislation and guidelines. The types of services we pay for includes:

  • medical treatment, such as medication, hospital stays and doctor's appointments
  • rehabilitation, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
  • aids and equipment, such as wheelchairs
  • home and vehicle modifications, like ramps, rails or hoists
  • attendant care services, like personal care, domestic services and home or garden maintenance
  • help to return to work and the other things workers want to do and achieve in their life (their goals)

All service providers should contact the workers care coordinator to seek approval before delivering services to a worker in the workers care program.  Download our about the workers care program information sheet for service providers for more information.

how do I become a service provider?

Workers care uses many of the same service providers as icare lifetime care. This includes case managers attendant care providers, building modification project managers and occupational therapists. We advertise in our eNews when applications or tenders are available for these roles.

Some types of service providers must be approved by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA).  This includes vocational rehabilitation providers, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists and psychologists. Visit the SIRA website to find out more about what services must be SIRA approved and how to become a SIRA approved provider.

SIRA has set fees for a number of service types including those listed above.  There are some exemptions around some service types when the treatment is for a person with a severe injury. Talk to the workers care coordinator to find out if the exemptions apply before delivering services.

how do I get more information?

Each worker has a workers care coordinator. Their job is to be the first point of contact here at icare. They can also provide you with information about the needs of the worker and the workers care program. They can be contacted on 1300 738 586.

Many workers will have a rehabilitation case manager. They’re the main contact for other service providers and are responsible for organising and requesting most treatment, rehabilitation and care for workers. Contact the workers care coordinator to find out more about rehabilitation case managers.

The best way to keep up to date with service provision including training opportunities for providers in the workers care program is to subscribe to the icare lifetime care eNews or refer to the icare lifetime care training page.

Related Content

information for service providers

Contact Us

1300 738 586
9am to 5pm
Mon to Fri