The JobCover placement program provides incentives of up to $27,400 to new employers who employ injured workers, for the worker's first year of employment.
The incentive payment increases according to the length of time the injured worker remains employed with the new employer. New employers are given:
- up to $400 per week for the first 12 weeks (maximum of $4,800)
- up to $500 per week for the next 14 weeks (maximum of $7,000)
- up to $600 per week for the next 26 weeks (maximum of $15,600).
- the injured worker's wages aren’t included in the calculation of the new employer's workers compensation premium for two years
- the new employer is protected against further costs associated with the existing injury for up to two years.
The JobCover placement program brochure provides further information about the program. You can also ask your insurance agent or rehabilitation provider for more information.
The JobCover placement program guidelines outline the benefits of the program, the responsibilities of all parties and the process for commencing the program.
The JobCover placement program – agreement form is used to certify the eligibility and agreement of a worker and employer to participate in the program. The agreement must be completed before you start work.
The JobCover placement program – employer incentive payment claim form is used by an employer to claim the employer incentive payments at 12, 26 and 52 weeks for a worker engaged in a JobCover placement program.
If you want help with any of these forms, your rehabilitation provider will be able to assist. You can also call our Customer Service Centre on 13 44 22 for help.