You can engage a return to work coordinator either as an alternative hiring arrangement or on a shared basis to help your business fulfil its return to work obligations.
You’ll need to obtain approval from SIRA prior to entering into a shared agreement or engaging a return to work coordinator who’s not one of your employees. You’ll also need to provide SIRA with a copy of your return to work program and be able to demonstrate that:
- workers will not be not disadvantaged
- the return to work coordinator has appropriate qualifications and experience
- the return to work program is formally reviewed every two years
- the engaged arrangements provide improvements in return to work services
- in the case of a shared arrangement, the employers have a common interest.
For information about enagaging a return to work coordinator and related requirements, you can call SIRA on 13 10 50 or go to www.sira.nsw.gov.au.