Man smiling with hard hat

workers insurance for your business

This section contains information about when you need insurance, how to take out a policy, who to insure, grouping insurance, and premium reforms.

  • do I need insurance

    All employers in NSW (except exempt employers) must have a workers compensation policy. An employer is any business that employs or hires full-time, part-time or casual workers.

  • taking out a policy

    If you have determined that you do need a workers compensation insurance policy, you need to contact one of our insurance agents who will help you take out a policy and advise you of your premium.

  • who to insure

    Information on sole traders and partnerships, insurance for small, medium and large employers and principal contractor issues, cross border arrangements, and the workers status service.

  • grouping insurance

    Businesses that are 'related' and have combined annual wages of more than $750,000 must group their insurance policies.

  • premium reforms

    Information on the premium reforms to medium and large businesses and how they may affect you.