Workers Insurance agents offer services to both employers and workers.
services to employers
- issuing policy renewals and Certificates of Currency for polices prior to March 2017
- determining premiums for renewed policies (including assessing and calculating premiums, issuing premium demands and adjusting premiums)
- assessing compliance (including conducting audits and advising icare workers insurance of non-compliance)
- collecting policy renewal premiums and premium-related debts
- providing employers with strategies to reduce their premiums.
From March 2017, new policies will be purchased direct from icare.
Policy renewals will continue to be managed by existing insurance agents until further notice
services to workers
- assisting in identifying what benefits a worker may be entitled to
- supporting the injured worker in their recovery and return to work or recovery at work plan and process
- reviewing workplace injury notifications
- assigning a case manager who is responsible for the worker's compensation claim services
- managing third-party service providers (for example rehabilitation providers) and ensuring payment of appropriate benefits
- conducting work capacity assessments.