There are five insurance agents that provide workers insurance policies on our behalf.
They all use the same formula to calculate premiums, so you should be quoted the same basic premium rate regardless of which insurance agent you choose.
However, different insurance agents may be able to provide different levels of services based on:
- their experience in claims management
- their strategies for improving return to work and general work health and safety (WHS).
Insurance agents do not:
- offer workers compensation premium reductions (including bundled services)
- remunerate brokers for new or renewed policies.
the five insurance agents
Allianz Australia Workers' Compensation (NSW) Limited
CGU Workers Compensation (NSW) Limited
Phone: 1300 666 506
Policy enquiries fax: (02) 9088 9709
Client services fax: 1800 240 387
Claims enquiries fax: 1300 666 406
Policy enquiries email: WCNSWEnquiries@cgu.com.au
Client services email: email@example.com
Claims enquiries email: WCNSWclaims@cgu.com.au
Employers Mutual NSW Limited
Phone: 1800 469 931 (toll free) or (02) 8251 9000
Claims and injury management fax: (02) 8251 9495
Underwriting and credit control fax: (02) 8251 9496
Underwriting email: UWonline@employersmutual.com.au
GIO General Limited
QBE Workers Compensation (NSW) Limited
Brokers provide insurance advice and place insurance policies with an insurance agent on behalf of employers.
A broker may assist you with:
- arranging policies
- advice on risk mitigation strategies relating to insurance
- the ongoing reporting of claims
- strategies aimed at reducing premium costs.
All brokers are required to be licensed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).